Monday, September 29, 2014

Vichy Idealia Life Serum

Disclaimer: As a member of Crowdtap, I received free samples of Vichy Idealia Life Serum to test. All views expressed are my own.

I'll be honest: I was very skeptical that this product would make much of a difference at all for me. I've always had decent skin; I never had issues with acne as a teen. In fact, if anything, my skin is on the dry side. But given that I'm always keen to try out new skincare products and that I'm increasingly concerned about fine lines and wrinkles, I was pleased to accept this sample and share.

So here's the scoop from my perspective.

The Good.

  • * The texture. It's rich and creamy.
  • * The feel. It's surprisingly lightweight and goes on smooth. I could feel it slowly sinking into my skin and to me, that's a plus because I can FEEL something happening.

    * The scent. Now others might have mixed feelings about the smell, but it worked for me. It's very strong and kind of perfume-y. I was surprised to find that I liked it since I usually run from any facial care products that are scented, but the scent is appealing. AND it doesn't make my nose itch.

    The Not-as-Good.

  • * How to use it. Yep, you read that right: It doesn't appear to have any SPF (per the ingredient list), so I wasn't sure if I should use it before or after my facial sunscreen.
  • * No SPF. I neeeeed my facial care products to contain SPF. I'm a fair-skinned girl and need my sun protection!
  • * The Effects. So this is kind of a major issue, but I didn't see a huge difference after the eight-day trial ended. But again, my skin was in pretty good shape to begin with, so I can't expect miracles. It does give you a nice pinkish glow, so if you're into that, it's for you.

    All in all, I like this stuff. I can't comment on the price since I didn't have to purchase it, but I'm guessing it's pricey. But if you get the chance to try it out, do it.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment